The FAIRTIQ ticket app enables zone- and border-free travel throughout Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein (LIEmobil). Before your journey, you check in with one click and receive a valid ticket. After your journey, you check out again with another click. Thanks to the location of your mobile phone, the system recognises the route you have travelled and then charges the appropriate ticket to the stored means of payment. This means that you always have the right ticket with you, without having to go through the hassle of studying fares.
How it works
- Download and install the FAIRTIQ app
- Register once and define the means of payment
- Define the ticket category: 1st class or 2nd class; normal fare or reduced fare (half-fare travelcard or under 16s)
- If you have a valid zone subscription: Deposit of the zone subscription - selection of the association, the valid subscription zones and definition of the expiry date.
- Before the journey: Start the FAIRTIQ app and carry out the check-in by swiping the "START" button.
- After the journey: As soon as you have completed your journey and got out of the means of transport, carry out the check-out process by swiping the "STOP" button. The app now automatically calculates the distance travelled and the travel costs.
FAIRTIQ automatically rewards frequent travellers with the FAIRTIQ bonus
For those who regularly use public transport but do not have a subscription, the multi-ride ticket is an alternative to the single ticket. But this has considerable disadvantages. On the one hand, it is inflexible, and on the other hand, it is not very convenient: after all, who has not forgotten to stamp their multi-ride ticket before the journey?
FAIRTIQ bonus offers an automatic reward for regular passengers:
If you use FAIRTIQ on at least 5 days in a calendar month, you receive 5% of the total monthly travel costs as a credit for use in the following month.
To benefit from FAIRTIQ bonus, you do not have to register or pay any fixed fees. As soon as you use FAIRTIQ, the system automatically recognises whether you meet the conditions. The credit is automatically credited to your journeys in the next month without you having to do anything. This gives occasional users a fair and practical discount without having to afford a subscription or limit themselves in terms of distance.
Area of validity
Tickets purchased via the app are valid throughout Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein
You can find more answers to your questions here.